Thursday, May 17, 2012

with much L.O.V.E

*will change bad pic. time constraint sorry*

Behind every successful man is a woman (sometimes rolling her eyes) and that i believe best describes my mom, especially the rolling her eyes part. HAHAHA. My father, when sharing his story to us, always credits my mom as one of the secrets behind his success. I also believe it to be true because until now she is still working hand in hand with my dad and they are such a good team. My father the brains, my mother the neck that turns his head. So if we can't go to our dad because we are scared shitless of him, we go to our mom and she has that special way of convincing him. An example of that would be when I was in High school and wanted to entertain a "suitor" (their term), my father was very much against the idea, but i told my mom, i really liked him blah blah (sheesh, I was 14 or 15, what did i really know then right.. so funny) and she talked to my dad and convinced him to at least entertain the thought and meet the guy, which he did. Well, i still wasn't allowed to go out but my dad agreed to him visiting me at home, huge huge leap, since in High school i can go out only until before dinnertime (we had to eat dinner at home) and have to be accompanied by my yaya and driver. Seriously, they had to follow us around in Quad everywhere we went.

Anyway, If you already haven't guessed why, i'm writing this post in lieu of Mother's day to give credit to where credit is due. My mom who is fun loving yet hardworking, strict yet flexible, strong yet understanding, obsessive yet light-hearted. We are very lucky to have a mother who is the right balance between a parent and friend. Seriously charming, my friends and all my ex-bf's love her, i think they love her more than they loved me! hahaha. She may not have been the typical filipino mother who cooks, cleans and helps you with your homework kind of mom, you can hire someone to do that anyway, she provided us with a much deeper support, advice and care that cannot be measured and expressed in numbers or described in words. I guess it was in a way a feeling, a sense of security that she was always there, to help us out in times we really need her support, that she will always look after what is best for us and that she is always on our side even if we make mistakes, i believe that is immeasurable.

so to my mom, Happy Mother's Day!!!;) *do i get brownie points for writing this??? kidding!!!! HAHA*

No comments:

Post a Comment